Please fill out the form below as completely as possible; but don’t be afraid to leave it blank or write I don’t know. The information you provide will help Randal plan the itinerary and level of activity on the trip.
You can also reach Randal at 908.451.0252 or write him at 584 Valley Road, Gillette, NJ 07933.
What to Expect on the Tour
• Participants should plan to spend most of the day on the tour.
• Generally, Randal will meet the party after breakfast between 0800 and 0930 hours; and he will leave the party between 1700 and 1800.
- Dinner time in France is generally 2000 hours. Arriving back a few hours earlier gives participants time to rest and clean up for dinner.
• In most cases, Randal will provide a simple, picnic lunch “in the field.” There are very few restaurants outside of larger towns. Also, one can easily spend more than an hour at lunch.
• As indicated above, Randal will work with the organizer to meet the physical ability and interest level of the tour participants. (So, the above rules can be changed.)
• The tour will take place regardless of weather conditions, so it is important to read the “Weather, Packing, Travel and Hygiene” page of Randal’s website. Here is a link to the page.
- Expressing it differently: Visiting the battlefields is not the same as visiting trendy restaurants and night clubs in Paris. Clothing and footwear for this portion of the day should be sturdy and practical, given the weather considerations. Do not wear shoes or clothing that you do not want to get muddy. You can change and clean-up before dinner.
• To the extent that you are retracing the steps of a relative, Randal will work to provide as much background information as possible, and the sites visited will be tailored to the relative and his / unit as possible.
- The more information, photos, etc. that you can provide Randal ahead of time, the more likely he will be able to line up “then and now” photos, etc.