Please make this list as complete as possible by sending event information to Webmaster Randy Gaulke.
Veuillez compléter cette liste en envoyant des informations sur l’événement au Webmestre Randy Gaulke.
- 30 March, 20h00, Salle Communal, Marcq–“Conference 1914-18. Une geographie detaillee du front avec ses 13 000 km de tranchees en Champagne-Ardenne.”
- 14 April, 15h00, Maison de l’Histoire, Doulcon–Opening of Exposition “Lafayette Nous Voici!”
- 26 May, Somme American Cemetery (ABMC)–WW1 centennial ceremony to mark WW1 U.S. Offensive
- 27 May, Aisne-Marne American Cemetery (ABMC)–WW1 centennial ceremony to mark Battle of Belleau Wood and operations in the Aisne-Marne Region
- 28 May, Cantigny Monument (ABMC)–WW1 centennial ceremony to mark role of 1st Division, AEF in WW1
- 2 July, 16h00, Parc du Chateau de Chatel-Chehery–Opening of Harry Rupert’s photo exposition: “The Americans in Chatel-Chehery, Argonne-forest and around.”
- 28 July, Oise-Aisne American Cemetery (ABMC)–WW1 centennial ceremony to mark Champagne-Marne Offensive.
- 29 July, Braye-en-Laonnois–Ceremony to commemorate the Yankee Division in the Aisne and on the Chemin des Dames.
- 7 August, Bellicourt Monument (ABMC)–WW1 centennial ceremony to mark American units fighting with the British Armies.
- 14-16 September, “Patton Memory Days–Double Liberation 1918-1944”–Event at St. Mihiel.
- 20-27 September, Small Group Battlefield Walk Series–Offered by Randy Gaulke and Markus Klauer. Details here: Small Group Final 6 Pages Jan 2018
- 21 September, Meuse-Argonne Centennial Dinner and Meet-and-Greet–Offered by Randy Gaulke and Markus Klauer. Details here: Centennial Dinner and Meet Updated March 2018 Final
- 22 September, St. Mihiel American Cemetery (ABMC)–WW1 centennial ceremony to mark St. Mihiel Offensive.
- 23 September, Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery (ABMC)–WW1 centennial ceremony to mark Meuse-Argonne Offensive. There will be a full luminary event at the Romagne Cemetery beginning in the late afternoon.
- 4-7 October, Lost Battalion and I Corps Battlefield Tour–Led by Robert Laplander and Randy Gaulke. Details here: LB Tour Flyer Draft Final March 10 2019
- 13 October, Liberation of Romagne, Romagne-sous-Montfaucon–A full day of activities marking the Liberation of Romagne.
- 27 October, Flanders Field American Cemetery (ABMC)–WW1 centennial ceremony to mark American operations in Belgium.
- 1-4 November, 89th Division Tours and Living History Event.
- 11 November–ABMC ceremonies at all American WW1 Cemeteries, including the Lafayette Escadrille Memorial Cemetery.
- Armistice Day Ceremony and Parade in Paris–Details can be found on this website: https://www.parisdiscoveryguide.com/paris-events-november.html.
Ongoing Presentations at Local Towns and Museums
“Lafayette Nous Voici!” Beginning 14 April, 2018. Maison de l’Histoire, Doulcon.
“The Americans in Chatel-Chehery, Argonne-forest and around.” Photo exhibition by Harry Rupert and friends. Parc du Chateau de Chatel-Chehery. 2 July – 11 November.
LATEST UPDATE: HARRY’S RECOVER FROM A SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUE IS PROCEEDING WELL. THEREFORE, BOTH THE OUTDOOR PHOTO EXHIBIT AS WELL AS THE SLIDE SHOW IN THE TENT ARE OPEN DURING THE HOURS LISTED BELOW. PLEASE SUPPORT HARRY BY VISITING HIS EXHIBIT DUING THE HOURS INDICATED:-)
“American Faces of the Meuse-Argonne Offensive.” On-going exhibit at Maarten and Didi Otte’s Nantillois ’14-’18 Museum.
“26 September 1918, Liberation of Varennes.” Exhibit at the Musee de l’Argonne in Varennes-en-Argonne.
Official Events Calendars from French Departments
The various departmental tourist offices and centennial commissions publish these programs outlining events. The Webmaster will endeavor to keep these up-to-date. They are written in French, but Google Translate helps.