Tag Archives: 111th Infantry Regiment

Then and Now: Neuvilly-en-Argonne

    Caption:  Caption of the then photo reads:  “Men of the 111th Infantry Coming out of the Line.  In the background are Red Cross and Salvation Army huts, at Neuville, October 19, 1918.” Additional then and now photos of Salvation Army activity in Neuvilly can be found in the following post:  http://meuseargonnerg.wpengine.com/?p=655   Location:  Neuvilly-en-Argonne.  (Note the misspelling in the photo caption.)  The church is right on the D946 which runs through town.  On the two sign-posts one can also read the direction to Continue reading →