Caption: The then photo is captioned: “Figure 82–Aid station, 358th Infantry, at Cunel, Meuse, October 27, 1918.” The 358th was part of the 90th Division, which entered the line in mid-October and continued the push northward.
Note also in the then photo the sign “Ortskommandantur” above the door. On period military translation dictionary translates it as Town Major’s Office.
Location: 6 Rue de la Fontaine, which is the D123, the main street running through town. It is very easy to locate.
Source of Then Photo: U.S. Army Medical Department, Office of Medical History. “The Medical Department of the United States Army in the World War, Volume VIII, Field Operations.” http://history.amedd.army.mil/booksdocs/wwi/fieldoperations/default.htm.
Source of Now Photo: The Webmaster