Did you know? Do your Friends know?
- April 6–the 100th anniversary of U.S. entry into the war is fast approaching, and events will be happening across the U.S. to mark the date.
- The WW1CC (http://www.worldwar1centennial.org/index.php) is an umbrella organization that communicates among all groups and does so much more.
- The WW1CC provides a monthly (or bimonthly) “Education Resources” newsletter for educators. (Drop-down tab “Educate.”)
- The WW1CC will post “Stories of Service” about your relative who fought in the Great War. (Drop-down tab “Commemorate.”)
- The WW1CC is raising funds to build a new memorial at Pershing Park in Washington, D.C. (Drop-down tab “Honor.”)
- The WW1CC has volunteer opportunities throughout the U.S. Lists partner websites. And hosts many state-based Centennial websites on its website. (Drop-down tab “Participate.”)
- The WW1CC published a weekly Dispatch (Monday morning) and hosts a weekly WW1 Centennial News Podcast (Wednesday at 12:00pm EST). (Drop-down tab “Communicate.”)
If you have any interest at all in the upcoming Centennial events, it is time to “do your bit” by getting educated about these activities; and there is no better way to start than by looking at the WW1CC’s website.